DJI, the world’s leading drone maker, is about to launch a new model that will set a new standard for compact and lightweight drones. The DJI Mini 4 Pro, which is expected to be released on September 15, 2023, will offer some incredible features that will make it the ultimate sub-250g drone for aerial photography and videography.
What makes the DJI Mini 4 Pro so special?
The DJI Mini 4 Pro is the successor of the DJI Mini 3 Pro, which was launched in May 2023 and impressed us with its compact size, intelligent obstacle avoidance and low-light performance of its 4K camera. The Mini 4 Pro will retain the same folding design and weight of less than 250g, which means it can be flown almost anywhere without restriction.
However, the Mini 4 Pro will also have some significant upgrades over the Mini 3 Pro, which will make it even more versatile and powerful. Here are some of the main features that the Mini 4 Pro will offer, according to leaked packaging images:
- 48 MP camera: The Mini 4 Pro will have a stunning 48 MP camera that will capture photos and videos with incredible detail and clarity. The camera will also have an f/1.7 aperture, which will allow more light to enter and improve low-light performance.
- 4K/100fps HDR video: The Mini 4 Pro will be able to record 4K video at up to 100 frames per second, which will enable users to create smooth and slow-motion footage with high dynamic range. This will be a huge improvement over the 4K/60fps or 4K/30fps HDR video modes of the Mini 3 Pro.
- Omnidirectional active obstacle sensing: The Mini 4 Pro will have sensors on all sides that will detect and avoid obstacles in any direction. This will make it safer and easier to fly, especially for beginners and in complex environments. The Mini 3 Pro only had sensors on the front, back and bottom.
- 34-minute flight time: The Mini 4 Pro will have a long battery life of 34 minutes, which will allow users to fly longer without having to worry about running out of power. The Mini 3 Pro had a flight time of 31 minutes.
- 20km FHD video transmission: The Mini 4 Pro will use OcuSync 4.0 technology, which will provide a stable and reliable connection between the drone and the controller. The video transmission range will be up to 20km (or 12 miles) in FHD quality, which is twice as much as the Mini 3 Pro’s range of 10km (or 6 miles).
What else do we know about the DJI Mini 4 Pro?
The DJI Mini 4 Pro will also come with some other features that will enhance its performance and functionality. For example, it will support waypoints, which will let users plan and execute a predefined flight path while shooting video. It will also have true vertical shooting mode, which will enable users to capture photos and videos from a straight-down perspective.
The DJI Mini 4 Pro will also be compatible with DJI’s new RC2 and RC-N2 controllers, which have some advantages over the previous controllers. For instance, they have increased range, more reliable OcuSync connectivity, and some emergency internal storage in case users forget their microSD cards.
The price of the DJI Mini 4 Pro is currently unknown, but it is likely to be similar to the DJI Mini 3 Pro, which is currently priced from $759 / £709 / AU$1,119.
Why should you buy the DJI Mini 4 Pro?
The DJI Mini 4 Pro is a drone that combines pro-level features with a sub-250g design that makes it easy and convenient to fly anywhere. It has a stunning camera that can capture amazing photos and videos in high resolution and quality. It has an advanced obstacle avoidance system that can prevent crashes and collisions. It has a long battery life that can extend your flight time. It has a powerful transmission technology that can ensure a stable and clear video feed.
The DJI Mini 4 Pro is a drone that can satisfy both beginners and professionals who want to explore the world from above and create stunning aerial content. It is a drone that can unleash your creativity and imagination.