ZDNET is a leading source of news and advice on the world’s latest innovations. Every year, ZDNET’s experts test, compare, and compile the best technology products and services to save you time and money. In this article, we will highlight some of the ZDNET editors’ favorite tech products of 2023, across various categories such as tablets, TVs, smartphones, laptops, and more.
Tablets are versatile devices that can be used for work, entertainment, education, and creativity. Whether you need a powerful tablet for productivity, a drawing tablet for art, a reading tablet for books, or a gaming tablet for fun, ZDNET has you covered. Here are some of the best tablets of 2023, recommended by ZDNET editors:
- The best tablet for kids: The Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Pro is a durable, affordable, and kid-friendly tablet that comes with a one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+, which offers access to thousands of apps, games, books, videos, and educational content. The tablet also has parental controls, a kid-proof case, and a two-year worry-free guarantee.
- The best drawing tablet: The Wacom Intuos Pro is a professional-grade drawing tablet that offers a natural and intuitive pen experience, thanks to its pressure-sensitive and tilt-responsive pen, and its smooth and textured surface. The tablet also has customizable express keys, a touch ring, and wireless connectivity.
- The best reading tablet: The Kobo Libra H2O is a premium e-reader that features a 7-inch HD E Ink touchscreen, a comfortable ergonomic design, and a waterproof body. The e-reader also has adjustable front-light and color temperature, and supports various formats such as EPUB, PDF, MOBI, and more. The e-reader also has access to millions of books from the Kobo store and public libraries.
- The best iPad stylus: The Apple Pencil (2nd generation) is the perfect companion for your iPad, as it lets you write, draw, sketch, and annotate with precision and ease. The stylus has a matte finish, a flat edge, and a magnetic attachment that allows it to pair and charge wirelessly with your iPad. The stylus also supports gestures, such as double-tapping to switch tools.
- The best gaming tablet: The Lenovo Legion Pad is a beast of a gaming tablet that boasts a 13.3-inch QHD display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ processor, 16GB of RAM, 512GB of storage, and a 10,000mAh battery. The tablet also has dual front-facing speakers, quad rear cameras, and a cooling system that keeps it from overheating. The tablet also supports various accessories, such as a keyboard, a mouse, a controller, and a stand.
TVs: The best screens for your home
TVs are the centerpiece of your home entertainment system, and they can make a huge difference in your viewing experience. Whether you want a TV that has stunning picture quality, smart features, large size, or affordability, ZDNET has you covered. Here are some of the best TVs of 2023, recommended by ZDNET editors:
- The best TV antenna: The Mohu Leaf Supreme Pro is a sleek and powerful indoor TV antenna that can receive free over-the-air channels from up to 65 miles away. The antenna has a reversible design, a 16-foot detachable cable, and an amplifier that boosts the signal and filters out noise. The antenna also has a built-in LED indicator that shows the optimal placement for the best reception.
- The best Samsung TV: The Samsung QN90A is a stunning 4K QLED TV that delivers exceptional picture quality, thanks to its quantum dot technology, full-array local dimming, and quantum HDR 2000. The TV also has a sleek and slim design, a smart remote, and a smart platform that supports various apps and voice assistants. The TV also has a game mode that reduces input lag and enhances motion clarity.
- The best 32-inch TV: The TCL 3-Series is a budget-friendly and smart 32-inch TV that offers decent performance and features for its price. The TV has a 720p HD resolution, a 60Hz refresh rate, and a Roku TV platform that gives you access to thousands of streaming channels and apps. The TV also has three HDMI ports, a USB port, and a headphone jack.
- The best TV for gaming: The LG C1 is an amazing 4K OLED TV that offers superb picture quality, thanks to its self-lit pixels, infinite contrast, and Dolby Vision IQ. The TV also has a game mode that supports various features such as variable refresh rate, auto low latency mode, and HDMI 2.1. The TV also has a smart platform that runs on webOS and supports various apps and voice assistants.
- The best Fire TV: The Insignia NS-43DF710NA23 is a great 4K Fire TV that offers a lot of value for its price. The TV has a 43-inch display, a 60Hz refresh rate, and a Fire TV platform that integrates with Amazon Alexa and gives you access to thousands of streaming channels and apps. The TV also has four HDMI ports, a USB port, and an optical audio output.
Smartphones: The best devices for communication and entertainment
Smartphones are the most personal and essential devices that we use every day, and they can do so much more than just making calls and sending messages. Whether you need a smartphone that has a stylus, a long battery life, a great camera, or a 5G connection, ZDNET has you covered. Here are some of the best smartphones of 2023, recommended by ZDNET editors:
- The best phone for kids: The Nokia 225 4G is a simple and durable phone that is ideal for kids who are not ready for a smartphone yet. The phone has a 2.4-inch display, a numeric keypad, a VGA camera, and a 1,150mAh battery that can last up to 10 days on standby. The phone also has 4G connectivity, FM radio, and a headphone jack.
- The best stylus phone: The Samsung Galaxy Note 22 Ultra is a premium and powerful phone that comes with a stylus, or S Pen, that lets you write, draw, and control your phone with ease. The phone has a 6.9-inch QHD+ display, a Snapdragon 898 processor, 12GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, and a 5,000mAh battery. The phone also has a quad rear camera setup, a 40MP selfie camera, and a 5G connection.
- The best iPhone case: The Otterbox Defender Series Pro is a rugged and protective case that can keep your iPhone safe from drops, scratches, and dust. The case has a multi-layer design, a raised edge, and a holster that doubles as a belt clip and a kickstand. The case also has an antimicrobial coating that prevents the growth of bacteria on the case.
- The best power bank: The Anker PowerCore III Elite 25,600mAh is a massive and fast power bank that can charge your devices multiple times, thanks to its huge capacity and high output. The power bank has three USB ports, one of which is a USB-C port that supports Power Delivery and can deliver up to 87W of power. The power bank also has a LED display that shows the remaining power and charging status.
- The best 5G phone: The OnePlus 10 Pro is a flagship and affordable phone that offers a smooth and speedy 5G experience, thanks to its Snapdragon 898 processor, 12GB of RAM, and 256GB of storage. The phone has a 6.7-inch QHD+ display, a 120Hz refresh rate, and a quad rear camera setup. The phone also has a 5,000mAh battery that supports Warp Charge 65T and wireless charging.