The year 2024 is shaping up to be an exciting one for gamers, with two of the most anticipated titles of the decade launching in the first two months. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Tekken 8 are both set to release in February, bringing new stories, characters, and gameplay to their respective franchises.
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is the second installment of the remake series of the classic 1997 role-playing game, Final Fantasy VII. The game continues the story of Cloud Strife and his allies, who are fighting against the evil Shinra corporation and the mysterious Sephiroth. The game features stunning graphics, revamped combat, and new content that expands the original story.
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is expected to cover the events of the original game from the escape from Midgar to the end of the first disc. The game will also introduce new characters, such as Yuffie Kisaragi, a ninja from Wutai, and Sonon Kusakabe, her partner. The game will also explore the backstory of Zack Fair, Cloud’s friend and mentor, who was briefly seen in the ending of the first remake.
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is scheduled to release on February 29, 2024, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC. The game will also be compatible with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with a free upgrade option for the next-gen consoles. The game will be available in both physical and digital editions, with a deluxe edition that includes a steelbook case, an artbook, a mini-soundtrack, and a DLC code for the Yuffie episode.
Tekken 8: The Final Showdown of the Mishima Bloodline
Tekken 8 is the latest entry in the long-running fighting game series, Tekken. The game is the conclusion of the saga that began in 1994, focusing on the conflict between the Mishima family and their cursed bloodline. The game will feature the final battle between Jin Kazama and his father, Kazuya Mishima, as well as the fate of Heihachi Mishima, the patriarch of the clan.
Tekken 8 will boast a roster of over 40 characters, including returning favorites and new faces. The game will also introduce new gameplay mechanics, such as the Rage Drive, which allows players to unleash powerful attacks when their health is low, and the Power Crush, which lets players absorb hits and continue their combos. The game will also have a variety of modes, such as the story mode, the arcade mode, the online mode, and the customization mode.
Tekken 8 will launch on January 26, 2024, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC. The game will also be compatible with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with a free upgrade option for the next-gen consoles. The game will be available in both physical and digital editions, with a collector’s edition that includes a statue of Jin and Kazuya, a steelbook case, an artbook, and a season pass.
Other Games to Look Forward to in 2024
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Tekken 8 are not the only games that will make 2024 a memorable year for gamers. There are many other titles that will appeal to different tastes and preferences, such as:
- Granblue Fantasy: Relink, a fantasy action RPG based on the popular mobile game, releasing on February 1.
- Persona 3 Reload, a remastered version of the cult classic JRPG, releasing on February 2.
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, a superhero action game that lets players control the villains, releasing on February 2.
- Helldivers 2, a co-op sci-fi shooter that pits players against alien invaders, releasing on February 8.
- Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, a horror survival game that challenges players to escape a haunted spaceship, releasing on February 13.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong, a puzzle platformer that features the iconic rivalry between the plumber and the ape, releasing on February 16.
- Skull and Bones, a pirate adventure game that lets players sail the high seas and engage in naval battles, releasing on February 16.
- Nightingale, a sandbox survival game that transports players to a mystical world, releasing on February 22.
- Pacific Drive, a post-apocalyptic road trip game that explores the themes of friendship and survival, releasing on February 22.
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake, a revamped version of the acclaimed indie game that tells the story of two brothers on a quest, releasing on February 28.
- Star Wars Dark Forces Remaster, a modernized version of the classic FPS that follows the exploits of Kyle Katarn, releasing on February 28.
With so many games to choose from, gamers will have a hard time deciding what to play first. But one thing is certain: 2024 will be a year to remember for gaming enthusiasts.