If you are a photographer who likes to add some motion and drama to your images, you might be interested in the latest product from Nitecore, a company known for its flashlights and batteries. The Nitecore CW30 is a portable cord-free photography fan that can create winds of up to 46 km/h (28.6 mph) with 10 levels of speed control. The fan is designed to be lightweight, handheld, and compatible with various extensions and accessories.
What is the Nitecore CW30?
The Nitecore CW30 is a powerful electric fan that can be used for photography and videography purposes. It can generate winds from gentle breezes to strong gusts, depending on the power level you choose. The fan has a control knob that allows you to switch between 10 speed levels, from 0.5 m/s to 12.8 m/s (1.1 mph to 28.6 mph).
The fan is powered by two NP-F batteries (not included), which can provide a runtime of 3.5 to 138 hours, depending on the power level. The fan also has a battery indicator that shows the remaining power level and warns you when the batteries are low.
The fan weighs only 700 g (24.7 oz), which makes it easy to hold and carry around. It also has a detachable fan cover that can be removed for cleaning. The fan has multiple screw holes that allow you to attach accessories such as handles, tripod mounts, and fill lights. The fan also has a safety feature that prevents it from turning on if the fan cover is not installed or if it is detached while the fan is running.
Why do you need the Nitecore CW30?
The Nitecore CW30 can be a useful tool for photographers who want to add some movement and drama to their images. The fan can create different effects depending on the wind speed, direction, and angle. For example, you can use the fan to:
- Blow hair, clothes, or accessories of your subject
- Create motion blur or freeze motion of your subject
- Enhance smoke, fog, or dust effects
- Simulate natural wind or weather conditions
- Add depth and dimension to your background
The fan can be used for various genres of photography, such as wedding, portrait, fashion, travel, or landscape. It can also be used for videography, as long as the noise level of the fan is not an issue.
How to use the Nitecore CW30?
The Nitecore CW30 is easy to use and operate. Here are some steps to follow:
- Install two NP-F batteries in the battery compartment of the fan
- Attach the fan cover securely
- Turn on the fan by pressing the power button
- Adjust the wind speed by rotating the control knob
- Hold the fan in your hand or mount it on a tripod or other support
- Aim the fan at your subject or scene
- Experiment with different wind speeds, directions, and angles
- Turn off the fan by pressing the power button again
- Remove the batteries and store them properly
Where to buy the Nitecore CW30?
The Nitecore CW30 is available for preorder now for $129.95 directly from Nitecore’s website1. You can also buy it in a bundle with two NP-F750 or NP-F970 batteries for an additional $59.90 and $99.90, respectively1. The fan is expected to start shipping next week1.
What are some alternatives to the Nitecore CW30?
If you are looking for other options of photography fans, you might want to check out these products:
- Vornado Pivot Personal Air Circulator Fan: This is a small and compact fan that can produce winds of up to 13 km/h (8 mph). It has three speed settings and a pivoting head that allows you to adjust the airflow direction. It can be powered by USB or AC adapter. It costs $19.99 on Amazon3.
- Lasko High Velocity X-Blower Utility Fan: This is a larger and more powerful fan that can produce winds of up to 80 km/h (50 mph). It has three speed settings and five positions that allow you to direct the airflow at different angles. It can be powered by AC outlet only. It costs $69.98 on Amazon.
- XPOWER A-2 Airrow Pro Multi-Use Electric Computer Duster Dryer Air Pump Blower: This is a versatile device that can be used as a blower, duster, dryer, or pump. It can produce winds of up to 120 km/h (75 mph). It has two speed settings and eight nozzle attachments that allow you to create different effects. It can be powered by AC outlet only. It costs $49.00 on Amazon.