Apple has announced its launch event for the iPhone 15 Pro and other products on September 12, 2023. The event will reveal the details of the new flagship smartphone, as well as the latest updates on AirPods, MacBook Pro, and more. Here are some of the highlights and rumors that you should know before the big day.
iPhone 15 Pro: Design, Specs, and Features
The iPhone 15 Pro is expected to be the most advanced and powerful iPhone ever. According to leaks and reports, the iPhone 15 Pro will have:
- A 6.7-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and a smaller notch
- A new A16 Bionic chip with improved performance and efficiency
- A triple-lens rear camera system with a LiDAR scanner and a periscope zoom lens
- A stainless steel frame with a matte finish and four color options: silver gray, black, dark blue, and gold
- A USB-C port that supports fast charging and data transfer, but only with MFi-approved accessories
- A larger battery capacity and MagSafe wireless charging
- Face ID and Touch ID integrated into the power button
- 5G connectivity and Wi-Fi 6E support
The iPhone 15 Pro is expected to cost around $1,099 for the base model with 128GB of storage. The other storage options are 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB.
iPhone 15 Pro Max: Delayed Launch and Limited Availability
The iPhone 15 Pro Max is the larger version of the iPhone 15 Pro, with a 6.9-inch display and a slightly bigger battery. However, unlike the iPhone 15 Pro, the iPhone 15 Pro Max may not be available at launch. Reports suggest that Apple is facing production issues and supply chain constraints that may delay the release of the iPhone 15 Pro Max by several weeks or months.
Moreover, even when the iPhone 15 Pro Max is released, it may be in limited supply and high demand. According to analysts, the iPhone 15 Pro Max accounts for 35-40% of the iPhone orders, making it the most popular model among consumers. Therefore, if you are interested in getting the iPhone 15 Pro Max, you may have to wait longer or pay more than usual.
AirPods: New Design and Features
Apple is also expected to unveil the third generation of its wireless earbuds, AirPods, at the launch event. The new AirPods will have a redesigned shape that resembles the AirPods Pro, but without the silicone tips or noise cancellation. The new AirPods will also have:
- A shorter stem and a more ergonomic fit
- A wireless charging case that supports MagSafe
- Spatial audio and adaptive EQ for enhanced sound quality
- A new H2 chip that improves battery life and connectivity
- A USB-C port instead of a Lightning port
The new AirPods are expected to cost around $159, the same as the current AirPods.
MacBook Pro: Redesigned Keyboard and Display
Apple is also rumored to launch a new MacBook Pro model with a 14-inch or a 16-inch display. The new MacBook Pro will have a major redesign that includes:
- A mini-LED display that offers higher brightness, contrast, and color accuracy
- A flat-edged chassis that matches the iPad Pro and iPhone design language
- A MagSafe charging port that replaces the USB-C port
- An HDMI port and an SD card slot that were removed in previous models
- A Touch Bar that is replaced by physical function keys
- A Face ID sensor that enables biometric authentication
The new MacBook Pro will also have a new M2 chip that boosts performance and efficiency. The new MacBook Pro is expected to cost around $1,799 for the 14-inch model and $2,399 for the 16-inch model.
Other Products: Apple Watch Series 8, iPad Mini 6, and More
In addition to the iPhone 15 Pro, AirPods, and MacBook Pro, Apple may also announce other products at the launch event. Some of these products are:
- Apple Watch Series 8: The next-generation smartwatch that may have a blood pressure sensor, a body temperature sensor, and a rugged design.
- iPad Mini 6: The smallest iPad that may have an 8.4-inch display with slimmer bezels, a USB-C port, and an A15 Bionic chip.
- Apple TV: The streaming device that may have a new remote control with haptic feedback, spatial audio support, and a built-in camera.
- AirTags: The Bluetooth trackers that can help you locate your lost items using the Find My app.
These products may not be available at launch or may be delayed due to various reasons. However, Apple may still reveal some details or teasers about them at the event.
Conclusion: How to Watch the Event and What to Expect
The Apple launch event will take place on September 12, 2023, at 10 a.m. PT. You can watch the event online at apple.com or on the Apple TV app. You can also follow live updates and commentary from various media outlets and analysts.
The event will showcase Apple’s latest innovations and products that aim to enhance your lifestyle and productivity. Whether you are an Apple fan or not, you will find something interesting and exciting at the event. So, mark your calendar and get ready for the Apple show.