If you are looking for a way to spice up your meal with a mouth-watering and nutritious dish, then you might want to try this recipe for spicy chicken curry without oil. This dish is easy to make, requires minimal ingredients, and is packed with flavor and protein. Here are the steps to follow to make this scrumptious curry at home.
To make this spicy chicken curry, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves
- Water as needed
To prepare this spicy chicken curry, follow these steps:
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken pieces with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan, heat some water over medium-high flame. Add the chopped onions and cook until they turn golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add some water if the pan gets too dry.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Add some water if the gravy is too thick.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice, roti, or naan.
This spicy chicken curry without oil is not only tasty, but also healthy. Here are some of the benefits of this dish:
- Chicken is a lean source of protein, which helps in building and repairing muscles, bones, and tissues. It also boosts immunity and metabolism.
- Yogurt is a probiotic food, which helps in improving digestion and gut health. It also provides calcium and vitamin D, which are essential for bone health.
- Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, such as lycopene, which help in preventing oxidative stress and inflammation. They also provide vitamin C, which supports immune function and skin health.
- Spices, such as ginger, garlic, turmeric, and garam masala, have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. They also enhance the flavor and aroma of the dish.