Sensibo, an Israeli company that specializes in smart heating and cooling devices, has announced the launch of a new AI assistant that is powered by ChatGPT, a generative AI chatbot developed by OpenAI. The AI assistant can understand and respond to complex requests from users and help them optimize their climate control and energy efficiency.
The AI assistant is integrated into Sensibo’s smart heating and cooling products, such as Sensibo Air, Sensibo Sky, and Sensibo Pure. These products allow users to remotely set timers, control fan speeds, and adjust the temperature of all units in their home, using a mobile app or a voice assistant. The AI assistant enhances the user experience by enabling more natural and interactive communication with the devices. For example, users can simply say “I’m cold” and the AI assistant will turn on the heating in the desired temperature. Users can also ask the AI assistant to set schedules based on the weather and energy considerations, or to provide recommendations based on their behavior patterns and preferences.
The AI assistant is powered by ChatGPT, a large language model that can generate coherent and relevant texts based on a given input. ChatGPT was initially integrated into Sensibo last year, offering suggested recommendations derived from user behavior patterns. Sensibo is now introducing an enhanced AI assistant with advanced capabilities, based on the ChatGPT large language model.
What are the benefits of the AI assistant?
The AI assistant offers several benefits to Sensibo users, such as:
- Convenience: Users can easily and intuitively control their heating and cooling devices with natural language, without having to use a remote control or a mobile app.
- Personalization: Users can customize their climate settings according to their individual needs and preferences, and receive personalized recommendations from the AI assistant.
- Energy efficiency: Users can save energy and money by optimizing their heating and cooling usage, and reducing their carbon footprint. According to Sensibo, its technology can achieve energy savings exceeding 40%, thereby significantly improving the performance and reducing the costs of heating and cooling devices.
What are the challenges of the AI assistant?
The AI assistant also poses some challenges, such as:
- Accuracy: The AI assistant may not always understand or execute the user’s requests correctly, or may generate inaccurate or irrelevant texts. Users may need to repeat or clarify their commands, or check the results of the AI assistant’s actions.
- Privacy: The AI assistant may collect and process sensitive data from users, such as their location, voice, behavior, and preferences. Users may need to be aware of the data collection and usage policies of Sensibo and ChatGPT, and the potential risks of data breaches or misuse.
- Ethics: The AI assistant may influence or manipulate the user’s decisions or actions, or may generate texts that are biased, offensive, or harmful. Users may need to exercise critical thinking and judgment when interacting with the AI assistant, and be aware of the ethical implications of using generative AI.
What are the future plans of Sensibo?
Sensibo is a climate tech IoT company that aims to combine smart heating and cooling devices with a more sustainable world. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Ramat Gan, Israel. Sensibo has over 250,000 users in more than 130 countries, and has partnered with leading brands such as Google, Amazon, Samsung, and LG.
Sensibo plans to continue to incorporate AI technology into its smart climate systems, and to expand its product portfolio and global reach. The company also hopes to contribute to the fight against climate change, by reducing the energy consumption and CO2 emissions of heating and cooling devices.
“As the AI revolution deepens, we at Sensibo researched more ways to incorporate this technology to advance our smart climate systems,” said Omer Enbar, Sensibo co-founder and COO. “The integration of an AI Assistant into Sensibo, powered by ChatGPT, will make our smart controllers even smarter; now activated by voice and able to understand complex commands. The 250,000 Sensibo users around the world will secure maximum energy efficiency with these advanced technologies, directly impacting our climate,” he said.