The Finals, the popular free-to-play FPS game from Embark Studios, has received a new update that addresses some of the issues regarding aim assist. Aim assist is a feature that helps controller players aim better by automatically adjusting their crosshair towards the target. However, many players have complained that the aim assist in The Finals is too strong and gives an unfair advantage to controller users over mouse and keyboard players.
According to the developers, the aim assist changes in the latest update are the result of an in-depth review of how the system works. They said that they were only able to validate the aim assist with a large player base, which The Finals has achieved since its launch in late 2023. The game has crossed 10 million players in a short period of time, making it one of the most successful FPS games of the year.
The developers said that they wanted to balance the aim assist for both controller and mouse and keyboard players, and ensure fair play for everyone. They also said that they wanted to make the game more skill-based and rewarding for players who master the movement and shooting mechanics.
What Are the Aim Assist Changes
The update 1.4.1 has made several changes to the aim assist system in The Finals. Here are the main ones:
- Zoom Snapping Angular Velocity now has a max cap, preventing unintended rapid 90-degree turns.
- Camera Magnetism will be reduced to 35% from 50%, making player aim less sticky and lowering controller accuracy.
- Zoom Snapping Time will be reduced to 0.25s from 0.3s.
- Zoom Snapping will be removed from the SR-84 Sniper Rifle, Revolver, LH1, and all Shotguns, as it buffs them more than other weapons.
- Aim assist will ignore invisible players, fixing a bug with the existing system.
- Clients running key re-mapping programs on PC will not have access to aim assist.
The developers said that these changes will make the aim assist more consistent and fair for all players, and reduce the frustration and complaints from the community. They also said that they will continue to monitor the feedback and data, and make further adjustments if needed.
What’s Next for The Finals
The developers also teased that a major update is coming next week, which will fix some security issues and add some exciting new content for players to enjoy. They did not reveal any details, but they said that they are working hard to make The Finals the best FPS game possible.
The Finals is a 3v3v3 team shooter that combines the gunplay of Battlefield with the fast-paced movement and abilities of Apex Legends. The game is available for free on Steam, and supports cross-play between PC and console players. The game has received positive reviews from critics and players alike, and has been praised for its gameplay, graphics, and innovation.