Pokemon Go is hosting a special Research Day event featuring Oddish, the Weed Pokemon, on September 17, 2023. Players can complete Field Research tasks to encounter Oddish and have a chance to find a shiny one. The event also offers various bonuses and wild encounters with other Grass-type Pokemon.
How to participate in Oddish Research Day
The Oddish Research Day event will take place on Sunday, September 17, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time. To participate, players need to spin Photo Discs at PokeStops to get Field Research tasks that reward Oddish encounters. There is no limit to how many tasks players can complete during the event.
Players can also look out for Showcases at select PokeStops where they can enter Oddish. Showcases are special features that allow players to interact with Pokemon in augmented reality and take photos of them.
What are the bonuses and wild encounters for Oddish Research Day
The Oddish Research Day event offers several bonuses and wild encounters for players to enjoy. Here are some of them:
- 2x Stardust for catching Pokemon. Players can earn double the amount of Stardust for every Pokemon they catch during the event. Stardust is a valuable resource that can be used to power up and trade Pokemon.
- Increased chance of finding XXS or XXL Oddish. Players can find Oddish of different sizes during the event. Some Oddish may be extra small (XXS) or extra large (XXL), which can affect their stats and performance in battles.
- Wild Oddish may be holding a Sun Stone. Players can get a Sun Stone from catching wild Oddish during the event. A Sun Stone is an evolution item that can be used to evolve Gloom into Bellossom or Sunkern into Sunflora.
- Increased chance of encountering Shiny Oddish. Players have a higher chance of finding a shiny Oddish during the event. A shiny Oddish has a different color scheme than a normal one and is very rare and collectible.
In addition to Oddish, the following Pokemon will appear more frequently in the wild during the event:
Some of these Pokemon may also be shiny, so keep an eye out for them.
Why Oddish is featured in Pokemon Go Research Day
Oddish is featured in Pokemon Go Research Day as part of the Adventures Abound season, which celebrates exploration and discovery of different Pokemon. Oddish is a Grass and Poison-type Pokemon that resembles a blue radish with green leaves on its head. It evolves into Gloom, which can further evolve into Vileplume or Bellossom.
Oddish is one of the original 151 Pokemon that debuted in Generation 1. It has appeared in various media, such as the anime, manga, and video games. It is known for its ability to absorb nutrients from the soil and release a sweet scent from its leaves.
Oddish is a versatile Pokemon that can learn various moves, such as Razor Leaf, Sludge Bomb, Moonblast, and Solar Beam. It can be useful in battles against Water, Ground, Rock, and Fairy-type Pokemon.
How to prepare for Oddish Research Day
To make the most of Oddish Research Day, players should prepare some items and strategies before the event starts. Here are some tips:
- Stock up on Poke Balls and Berries. Players will need plenty of Poke Balls and Berries to catch as many Oddish and other Pokemon as possible during the event. Berries can help increase the catch rate and provide extra Stardust or candy.
- Use Star Pieces and Lucky Eggs. Players can boost their Stardust and XP gains by using Star Pieces and Lucky Eggs during the event. Star Pieces increase Stardust by 50% for 30 minutes, while Lucky Eggs double XP for 30 minutes.
- Join a local community. Players can join a local community of Pokemon Go players to share tips, coordinate raids, trade Pokemon, and have fun together during the event. Players can use social media platforms or apps like Discord or Telegram to find nearby groups.
- Stay safe and follow local guidelines. Players should be aware of their surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokemon Go. Players should wear masks, practice social distancing, and avoid crowded areas.