LG Electronics (LG) is set to showcase its innovative smart home Artificial Intelligence (AI) agent at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2024. The AI agent is a bi-pedal robot with wheels that can move around the house and perform various tasks, such as security, pet care, entertainment, and more. LG’s smart home AI agent is part of the company’s vision for the Zero Labor Home, where LG ThinQ leverages AI and contextual understanding to predict users’ needs and provide tailored services that make everything easier.
LG ThinQ is LG’s smart home platform that connects various appliances and devices through the ThinQ app. LG ThinQ aims to offer a seamless and personalized customer experience based on the three core pillars of evolution, connectivity, and openness.
- Evolution: LG ThinQ uses AI technology to analyze usage data and learn users’ habits and preferences, creating a customized experience that becomes better over time. LG ThinQ also enables users to upgrade their appliances with downloadable features via the ThinQ app, such as new washing cycles, temperature settings, and LED colors.
- Connectivity: LG ThinQ allows users to remotely control and monitor their appliances from their smartphones or tablets, no matter where they are. LG ThinQ also supports Matter, the open standard for smart home technology developed by the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA). LG is a board member of CSA and is committed to offering seamless integration between LG ThinQ and other smart home platforms.
- Openness: LG ThinQ is compatible with popular AI platforms, such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as various third-party apps and connected car services. LG ThinQ also collaborates with diverse companies, including content platform providers, to enhance the ThinQ experience and offer more value to its smart home platform.
LG’s Smart Home AI Agent: A Robotic Companion for the Zero Labor Home
LG’s smart home AI agent is the highlight of LG’s smart home innovation at CES 2024. The AI agent is a robotic companion that can function as a security guard, pet monitor, entertainer, and more. The AI agent is equipped with robotic, AI, and multi-modal technologies that enable it to move, communicate, and interact with users and other devices.
Some of the features of LG’s smart home AI agent are:
- Security: The AI agent can patrol the house and detect any suspicious activities or intruders. It can also alert users and authorities in case of emergencies, such as fire, gas leak, or break-in.
- Pet care: The AI agent can monitor and play with pets, as well as feed them and clean their litter boxes. It can also send updates and photos of pets to users via the ThinQ app.
- Entertainment: The AI agent can entertain users and guests with music, games, and jokes. It can also project videos and images on the wall or ceiling, creating a home theater experience.
- Personal assistant: The AI agent can assist users with various tasks, such as scheduling, reminders, weather, news, and more. It can also sync with other LG ThinQ appliances and devices, such as the InstaView refrigerator, the Styler wardrobe, and the PuriCare air purifier, to provide optimal comfort and convenience.
LG’s smart home AI agent is expected to be available in select markets in the second half of 2024. LG hopes that its smart home AI agent will bring the Zero Labor Home to life and help users enjoy more quality time at home.