Apple has announced a new lineup of MacBook Pro laptops powered by its latest M3 family of chips. The new models offer improved performance, battery life, and display quality compared to the previous generation of MacBook Pro laptops.
The M3 chips are Apple’s next-generation processors that are designed specifically for Mac computers. They are based on TSMC’s 3nm process technology and feature up to 16 CPU cores, up to 40 GPU cores, and up to 16 Neural Engine cores. The M3 chips also support hardware-accelerated ray tracing and a new memory feature called Dynamic Caching for enhanced GPU performance.
The M3 family consists of three variants: M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max. The M3 chip is suitable for everyday tasks and delivers phenomenal sustained performance in pro apps and games. The M3 Pro chip provides even greater performance and additional unified memory support for more demanding workflows. The M3 Max chip delivers the ultimate performance and capabilities for extreme workflows and multitasking across pro apps.
Apple claims that the new M3 chips are up to 40 times faster than its M1 Pro processor and up to 11 times faster than the last MacBook Pro model powered by an Intel Core i7 CPU.
What are the Liquid Retina XDR displays?
The Liquid Retina XDR displays are Apple’s new high-end displays that offer stunning brightness, contrast, and color accuracy. They feature a resolution of 3024×1964 pixels for the 14-inch model and 3456×2234 pixels for the 16-inch model. They also support a refresh rate of up to 120Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, and P3 wide color gamut.
The Liquid Retina XDR displays use mini-LED backlighting technology that allows for precise control of over 10,000 local dimming zones. This enables the displays to achieve a peak brightness of 1600 nits and a contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1. Apple says that the Liquid Retina XDR displays are ideal for viewing and editing high-resolution photos and videos.
What are the other features and specifications?
The new MacBook Pro models also come with a range of other features and specifications that make them attractive for professional users. Some of these include:
- A built-in 1080p camera with improved low-light performance and noise reduction
- An immersive six-speaker sound system with spatial audio support
- A redesigned keyboard with full-height function keys and a Touch ID sensor
- A Force Touch trackpad with haptic feedback and gesture support
- A MagSafe 3 port that allows for fast charging and data transfer
- A HDMI 2.1 port that supports up to 8K resolution output
- A SDXC card slot that supports UHS-II speeds
- Three Thunderbolt 4 ports that support up to 40Gbps data transfer and up to 6K resolution output
- A headphone jack that supports high-impedance headphones
- A new space black color option in addition to the silver color option
The new MacBook Pro models also offer impressive battery life, with up to 22 hours of video playback or web browsing on a single charge. Apple says that the new models deliver the same performance whether plugged in or on battery, making them ideal for pro portability.
How much do they cost and when will they be available?
The new MacBook Pro models are available to preorder starting today, with availability beginning November 7. The pricing for the different models are as follows:
- The 14-inch MacBook Pro with M3 starts at INR 169900
- The 14-inch MacBook Pro with M3 Pro starts at INR 199900
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro with M3 Pro starts at INR 249900
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro with M3 Max starts at INR 299900
The prices may vary depending on the configuration options such as RAM, storage, and graphics.